||Please read the QLD govt pool safety tips here.
By performing some simple checks yourself, you can reduce the risk of failing the pool inspection.
Common pool safety problems include:
* the gates are not self-closing and self-latching from all points. The gate must not be able to jam on grass, gravel or in bushes.
* the height of the pool safety barrier is less than 1200 millimetres. Check for gravel or raised garden beds near a 1.2m fence.
* the fence has climbable rails. Generally, rails must be 900mm apart. Special rules apply to 1.8m+ fences.
* Windows open into the pool area with more than a 100 millimetre gap (e.g. louvres).
* there are climbable objects near the pool safety barrier. Do not place furniture, pot plants or similar close to the pool fence.
Email us if you are unsure if something will fail an inspection and/or to receive advice of how to fix a problem.